About Our Family

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mombasa, Kenya

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Jordan's Road Trip


























Jordan had an amazing trip with his granparents. They traveled for a week, while the rest of us were in school, to three areas in Kenya – Mount Kenya, Maasai Mara and Lake Nakura. The following is Jordan’s perspective on the trip: Masaii Mara
In the Masaii Mara we observed a lion, leopard, cheetah, zebra, giraffe, buffalo wildebeest, hyena, jackal, warthog, impala, and gazelles. My favorite was the cheetah because it was on the car!! My grandpa’s favorite animal was the lion and my grandma’s was the impala because of the way it ran. I learned that the lion eats wildebeest, and zebra. The cheetah and leopard eat gazelles. The rhino’s baby will kill the mom by the time it grows old WHY?? The reason is when the baby drinks from his mother it will soon jab the mother with its horn.
Lake Nakuru
We were at this lake for 1 day. This is where we saw the rare white rhino. We also saw many flamingos. It has not rain there for 2 years!! I was truly amazed that I saw the big five: the lion, leopard, rhino, elephant, and the buffalo.

Mt Kenya
We were at Mt. Kenya for 1 day as we traveled to an animal orphanage. At the orphanage we saw ostriches, porcupines, African lynxes, hippos, bongos, cheetahs and zebroids. A zebroid is a half horse half zebra and these are the only two in the world. In fact, they are in the Guinness Book of world Records. I can not remember the reason, but they are unable to reproduce. They are 31 years old and the life expectancy is 40. When we were there I got bit by an ostrich, it hurt a lot on my finger as I was trying to feed it. The funniest animal was the hippo because you would say “open” and he will open his mouth.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jordan,
your trip sounds wonderful!

What is a bongo??

Jennifer Boldt

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home