About Our Family

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mombasa, Kenya

Thursday, June 21, 2007

First Graduating Class of Diploma Students


On June 9, 2007, the first Diploma Students (IB) graduated at Aga Khan Academy, Mombasa. Twenty two students received their Certificate of Completion. Scott had the pleasure of introducing each student as they received their certificate and indicate which university and course of study. Following is Scott’s introductory remarks. (PICTURES TO FOLLOW)


Distinguished Guests
Ladies and Gentleman
Family and Friends
Esteemed Colleagues
Honored Graduations

I am pleased to be representing the faculty ob this special occasion. For those that do not know me, I am Scott McLean, and one of my roles in the Senior School is Career Counselling.

These students are true pioneers. Not only is the focus on academics, but involvement in community service and development of citizenship skills. The aspects mentioned, lead to a successful transition into higher education.

It is a very satisfying moment when students enthusiastically come up to me in the halls or in my office – Sir Sir … or Mr. McLean, Mr. McLean or has some like to say affectionately – University Guy – enthusiastically inform me they have received a conditional offer from a university.

I very rewarding moment for parents; and a defining moment for students.

Collectively, we are the school learning community; and it is my sincere honor to introduce the 2007 graduating class as they receive their CERTIFICATE of COMPLETION.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home